The Medical Administrative Assistant program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to obtain entry level employment in a medical facility. Students receive training in the administrative duties required to work effectively and productively in a medical setting.
- Understanding laws and regulations regarding HIPAA and confidentiality in electronic health records.
- Comprehending basic medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Understanding basic pharmacology.
- Performing basic medical administrative tasks.
- Demonstrating proficiency in analytical and quantitative problem-solving along with computer and information literacy.
National Certification Preparation
Upon successful completion of this training program you will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) national examination.
To be eligible for this program, you are required to:
- Be a minimum age of 18 years old
- Possess a high school diploma, GED or HiSet
- Comply with MCC’s application procedures
- Comply with MCC’s tuition requirements